Buchanan Honors Local Law Enforcement Officials
58 Awards Presented During National Police Week
Law Enforcement Officials “Deserve Our Gratitude and Respect”
SARASOTA – U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan (FL-16) today announced the recipients of the seventh annual 16th Congressional District Law Enforcement Awards.
The Congressman established the awards to give special recognition to law enforcement officers, departments, and units for exceptional achievement.
Award winners were chosen by an independent panel comprised of current and retired law enforcement personnel representing a cross-section of the district’s law enforcement community.
The following 58 awards were presented during a special ceremony in Bradenton:
- Lieutenant William Tracy of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, Major John Baumann and Captain John F. Donovan of the Florida Highway Patrol, Detective David Tuck of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office and Sergeant Michael Kenyan of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office: Career Service Award
- Detective Frank Coleman of the City of Bradenton Police Department, Trooper Kenneth Watson of the Florida Highway Patrol, Sergeant Bruce King and Officer Chase Gloeckner of the City of Sarasota Police Department and Detective Joseph Petta of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office: Dedication and Professionalism Award
- Deputy Willie Finklea of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office and Detective Ashely Lindeman of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office: Above and Beyond the Call of Duty Award
- Trooper Gerry Smith of the Florida Highway Patrol, Sergeant Jeffrey Steiner, Officer Elise Schanley, Officer Derrick Gilbert, Officer Devin Epps, Officer Ronald Dixon, Officer Sean Gleason, Officer Kevin Sullivan, Sergeant Anthony Frangioni and Officer Bryan Lundstrom of the City of Sarasota Police Department, Deputy Efrain Taveras of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Deputy Carmine Luper, Deputy Terry Blake, Deputy Timothy Collins, Detective Dino Murges, Deputy Selina Sly and Deputy Jerod Wolfe of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office: Preservation of Life Award
- Sergeant Shawn Johnson, Detective James Klay, Detective Eric Wedin, Detective Eric Ellis and Civilian Brook Buzzell of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office’s Digital Forensics Lab: Unit Citation Award
- Captain Jim Rieser, Captain (ret.) Kevin Stiff, Lieutenant Michael Schwieterman, Sergeant Jaymi Delcos, Officer Clifton Bishop, Officer David Dubendorf, Officer Dan Griesdorn, Officer Matthew Grochowski, Officer Matthew Kimball, Case Manager Krystal Frazier and Legal Advisor Joseph Polzak of the Sarasota Police Department’s Homeless Outreach Team: Unit Citation Award
- Lieutenant Darin Bankert, Sergeant Karen DeVries, Detective Charles Butler, Detective Darryl Davis, Detective Daniel Dickerman, Detective Benjamin Main and Detective Rabun Moss of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office, Lieutenant Bob Bourque of the Longboat Key Police Department, Detective Chad Oyler of the Palmetto Police Department, Sergeant Brian Hall of the Holmes Beach Police Department, Sergeant Lenard Diaz of the Bradenton Beach Police Department and Detective James Curulla of the City of Bradenton Police Department: the Manatee Homicide Investigative Unit Citation Award
- Ms. Carolyn Mason, a citizen affiliated with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office: Associate Service Award
“On behalf of the people of Florida's 16th District, I applaud each of these outstanding law enforcement officials and offer my sincere appreciation for their selfless service and courage,” Buchanan said. “Every day, brave men and women put themselves in harm’s way to enforce the laws of our society and protect public safety. They deserve our gratitude and respect. These awards are a fitting tribute to our officers and a reminder of the important role they play in our communities.”
National Police Week was established by Congress in 1962 to recognize law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.