Buchanan Honors Local Law Enforcement Officials
Law Enforcement Officials “Deserve Our Gratitude and Respect”
SARASOTA – U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan, FL-16, today announced the recipients of the fifth annual 16th Congressional District Law Enforcement Awards.
The following 13 awards were presented during a special ceremony in Sarasota:
- Deputy Billie Wilson of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office: Above and Beyond the Call of Duty Award
- Officer Kenneth Simunovic of the Bradenton Police Department: Above and Beyond the Call of Duty Award
- Officer Tim Matthews of the Palmetto Police Department: Dedication and Professionalism Award
- Officer Michael Walker of the Holmes Beach Police Department: Dedication and Professionalism Award
- Sergeant Demetri Konstantopoulos of the Sarasota Police Department: Dedication and Professionalism Award
- Sergeant Donald Kennard of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office: Dedication and Professionalism Award
- Detective Jason Friday of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office: Dedication and Professionalism Award
- Lieutenant Johnny Yong of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office: Career Service Award
- Sergeant Matt Kintigh of the North Port Police Department: Career Service Award
- Trooper Barbara Ehrhart of the Florida Highway Patrol: Career Service Award
- Captain Kevin Stiff, Lieutenant Lori Jaress, Sergeant Michael “Richie” Schwieterman, Officers David Dubendorf, Matthew Kimball, Matthew Grochowski, Jonathan Misiewicz along with Case Managers Sherree Brown, Calvin Collins and Joseph Polzak of the Sarasota Police Department’s Homeless Outreach Team: Unit Citation Award
- Officer John Parisi of the North Port Police Department: Preservation of Life Award
- Pastor Jim Minor and Executive Director Erin Minor of the Harvest House in Sarasota: Associate Service Award
Buchanan stands with the recipients of the fifth annual 16th Congressional District Law Enforcement Awards.
The Congressman established the award to give special recognition to law enforcement officers, departments, and units for exceptional achievement.
“On behalf of the people of Florida's 16th District, I applaud each of these outstanding law enforcement officials and offer my sincere appreciation for their selfless service and courage,” Buchanan said. “Every day, brave men and women put themselves in harm’s way to enforce the laws of our society and protect public safety. They deserve our gratitude and respect. These awards are a fitting tribute to our officers and a reminder of the important role they play in our communities.”
Award winners were chosen by an independent panel comprised of current and retired law enforcement personnel representing a cross-section of the district’s law enforcement community.